A photomontage shows a scheme in its intended environment by superimposing a CGI of proposed development into a number of high resolution photographs. These images give an accurate representation of how the proposed development will look when built. Their purpose is to accurately demonstrate the visual impact of a proposed development to the Planning Authorities within the wider context of its surrounding environment and from pre-defined viewpoints. The photomontage images are a very important tool in the planning process and can be the key factor in a successful planning application. We work closely with our clients to ensure the photomontage images are delivered accurately and within agreed timeframes.
1. Discuss requirements with the client
2. Plans are supplied by the client and location of the views are agreed.
3. Visit the site to capture the photographs. We will record the camera's optical axis height, lens type, time of day and the cameras approximate position on the topographical survey (if available).
4. Build a 3D computer model of the proposed development applying proposed materials and using local references to determine lighting conditions on the day of the photography.
5. Render the 3D model and superimpose it accurately in to the site photography.
6. Final Images are issued to the client